Put simply, CAW’s purpose is to encourage and resource Christian leaders in unity and boldness.
Our Foundational Basis
Since CAW’s inception in 2000, this has been our basis:
CHRISTIANS ACROSS WATFORD unites in pilgrimage those Churches, Fellowships and Ministries in Watford which acknowledge God’s revelation in Christ, confess the Lord Jesus Christ as God and Saviour according to the scriptures, and in obedience to God’s will and in the power of the Holy Spirit, commit themselves.
- to seek a deepening of their communion with Christ and with one another in the Church, which is His body; and
- to fulfil their mission to proclaim the Gospel by common witness and service in the world;
- to the glory of the one God; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
(Churches and groups without a creedal basis may be a part of Christians Across Watford if they show that they manifest faith in Christ and agree to work in the spirit of the Basis of Christians Across Watford.)
Our Charitable Objects
To advance Christianity in Watford by:
- Encouraging and equipping the united worship, witness and ministry of Christian churches, charities, agencies and businesses
- Expressing and demonstrating the teaching and ministry of Christ in united public service to the neighbourhood of Watford in cooperation with civic authorities and the wider community
CAW is a Registered charity, no 1143977 with elected Trustees.
A number of Christian agencies have committed to working in unity with others and CAW are:
- Alternatives Watford
- Children Across Watford
- New Hope
- Watford Food Bank
- Watford Schools Trust
- Watford Town Centre Chaplaincy
Representatives from these groups meet periodically to share information and coordinate various united events and initiatives.
Every 3 years the following Officers are elected (they may serve up to 3 terms):